Thursday, 7 April 2011

Government & Red Tape are bedfellows

I have to wonder about this new initiative asking business to give examples of red tape which is hurting the UK. http://www.bis.gov.uk/news/topstories/2011/Apr/red-tape-challenge. Is this not the same party of which their leader stood up and said one regulation out before one can come in?

Ok then, once this red tape is identified what will happen about it?

They have already proven they are impotent. "We cannot have two rates of duty for fuel as the EU will not allow it!"

If business comes back and says the biggest barrier is red tape from the EU they will just shrug it off and I will have wasted my time.

The old adage of if you are not going to listen to the answer, do not ask the question has never been clearer. I run a small business and I could give numerous examples of red tape strangulation. But why bother? Government has proven it will not listen. These distractions of making it seem they are doing something is a smoke screen for what they really are, slaves of the EU.

No comments: